Comics and Graphic Novels
The comics and graphic novels collection strives to be representative of all facets of comics and graphic narratives.
We have an interest in collecting works that are:
- primarily the product of an individual creator
- by, for, or about populations that are historically underrepresented in the comics art form
- highly regarded in the field, highly reviewed, or winners of major industry awards
- of historical significance
- by local or Michigan creators
- secondary materials, such as academic studies, reference works, serial publications, historical works, and biographies of cartoonists
Experts at the Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library curate the collection to meet the teaching and research needs of U-M faculty, students, and staff. The collection serves researchers on many levels including literary, cultural, artistic, and political.