Project teams will propose their own budgets, and proposals must include a rough estimate of anticipated major expenses. Generally, we’re flexible in how you use your grant funds.
Suggestions for how funds received through the Digital Research Initiative can be used include:
- Providing stipends for project team members (student members, project managers)
- Honoraria for guest speakers, community members, and participants
- Covering the cost of digitization* and licensing fees for content related to the project, such as primary materials that are still under copyright
- Subvention funding or supplementation to help cover cost of open access publication
- Purchasing equipment (recording tools, cameras, microphone, lighting) or software, if not available on campus, for research activity
- Providing mileage reimbursement, or to cover travel to or for community partners
- Paying for outreach supplies, such as copying, office materials, zine production, or poster printing
- Paying for translation or transcription services
*Note some large scale digitization and extensive web or platform design and customization may be too costly to consider or cover fully.