The iconic Hatcher Library is located off the “Diag,” at the heart of Central Campus. Here's how to reach us.
- Several city and campus buses drop off near our location. All city buses are lift or ramp equipped. Find your route with Google Maps Transit.
- If you need door-to-door service and you’re a student, faculty, or staff member, you might qualify for free, local rides with Paratransit.
- Commuting from longer distances? It’s free to park at the State Street Park & Ride lot, which provides low-cost bus service to Hatcher Library via Route 62.
- The Forest Parking garage is open to the public at an hourly rate. It has accessible spaces.
- Limited metered street parking is available on State Street, Tappan Avenue, East University Avenue, and North University Avenue.
- Lot C5 includes designated parking spaces for faculty and staff who have a verified state-issued disability placard and a “blue” university parking permit.
For more information on campus transportation, please visit University of Michigan Logistics, Transportation & Parking.