Book Arts Studio
Access letterpress machines and other bookmaking supplies.
Experiment with hand set type and book making supplies in our Book Arts Studio, which includes more than 150 drawers of metal and wooden type and a few hundred pictorial ornaments.
- More than 150 drawers of metal and wooden type
- Pictorial printing ornaments
- Chandler & Price platen press
- 2 tabletop platen presses
- 2 flatbed proofing presses
- Book making equipment and supplies
How to access
Our open studio time is available to the public and designed for both beginners and experienced users.
Tuesdays, 6–9 pm
Fridays, 11 am–4 pm
We also offer workshops several times a semester on processes and techniques related to the book arts.
Extended access may be available to users who have significant experience.
Schedule a class visit or tour
We welcome visits from school groups and the general public. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a visit.