Non-English Research Support
Are you conducting research in a language other than English?
We can help, whether you’re an international studies student or faculty member, a visiting scholar from another country, or a researcher of any discipline who wants to find materials in other languages.
Connect with a specialist
Our librarians include specialists in areas such as African, Latin American, and Asian studies, who have knowledge of multiple languages and can:
- Meet in-person to discuss your work
- Respond to research questions
- Recommend databases and other resources that can support your studies
- Help you find non-English collections
- Connect you with specific centers on campus
Explore our research guides
- Our library search guide includes tips for searching our catalog in languages and scripts other than English.
- We also have a variety of tailored international studies resources, which cover regions and topics from Chinese dance to French history.
Find resources through the International Institute
We work closely with the university’s region-based global resource centers. These centers and related programs are part of the International Institute, which supports international teaching, research, and public affairs.
Many of these programs offer funding for international study and research, along with networking opportunities, seminars, and more.
Explore our international studies collecting areas to learn about the collections available to you.