How to Apply
Our special collections research fellowships all have the same eligibility requirements and follow a shared timeline.
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- Specific institutional or academic credentials not required
- Projects can be academic, journalistic, or creative
- Non-U.S. citizens are required to obtain a J-1 visa if accepted
Researchers who live within commuting distance of the library are not typically granted fellowships.
- Applications open on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Applications are due by Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Notifications will be sent by Monday, April 3, 2023
- Residency period and award may be used between Monday, May 1, 2023 and Friday, August 16, 2024
Submit the following via our online application in Submittable by February 1.
- Project proposal: In 500 words or less, describe your proposed research and how special collections materials are central to your work. Be as specific as possible.
- Description or preliminary list of the collection material you expect to consult
- Two letters of support
- Curriculum vitae or resume