Heid Research Fellowships
The Ralph C. and Mary Lynn Heid Research Fellowship is open to researchers whose work would benefit from substantial onsite access to our special collections, including those held in the Special Collections Research Center and the Stephen S. Clark Library.
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- Specific institutional or academic credentials not required
- Projects can be academic, journalistic, or creative
- Non-U.S. citizens are required to obtain a J-1 visa if accepted
- Residency must take place between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021
Researchers who live within commuting distance of the library are not typically granted fellowships.
Level of support
Our fellows are awarded:
- $1,500 for a project requiring a residence of one week or more
- $3,000 for a project requiring a residence of three weeks or more
How to apply
Plan to submit the following:
- Project proposal: In 500 words or less, describe your proposed research and how special collections materials are central to your work. Be as specific as possible.
- Description or preliminary list (one page max) of the collection material you expect to consult
- Two letters of support
- Curriculum vitae or resume
Applications are currently closed.