Pick Up at a Library Desk
We deliver available books and other materials to the library location most convenient for you. Requesting items for pick up at a library desk is available to all users affiliated with U-M.
Most requests are ready in 2–3 business days. We’ll send you an email when your item is ready for pick up and hold it for 7 days. If you need the item sooner, consider getting it off the shelves.
Pick up locations
- Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library
- Donald Hall Collection (North Quad)
- Dearborn Mardigian Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Flint Thompson Library
- Hatcher Library (North Information Services desk) — this is less accessible than our other locations. We suggest you choose nearby Shapiro if you have mobility issues
- Museums Library in the Research Museums Center
- Music Library
- Shapiro Library
- Taubman Health Sciences Library
Not affiliated with U-M?
You are welcome to find and use items off the shelves.
Items not available for immediate access — those in the Buhr Building, Museums Library, or other offsite shelving — can be held for you to use onsite at the Hatcher Library, Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library, or Music Library.