Pick Up at a Library Desk
We deliver available books and other materials to the library location most convenient for you. Requesting items for pick up at a library desk is available to all users affiliated with U-M.
Most requests are ready in 2–3 business days. We’ll send you an email when your item is ready for pick up and hold it for 7 days. If you need the item sooner, consider getting it off the shelves.
Not affiliated with U-M?
You can request items to be held at the library location of your choice to view them in person.
Pick up locations
- Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library
- Buhr Reading Room
- Donald Hall Collection
- Dearborn Mardigian Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Flint Thompson Library
- Hatcher Library (North Information Services desk)
- Herbarium Library in the Research Museums Center
- Museums Library in the Research Museums Center
- Music Library
- Shapiro Library
- Taubman Health Sciences Library