Developing your Proposal
To apply for the Cathleen A. Baker Fellowship in Conservation, please follow the instructions outlined in application form.
Your required narrative must provide a concise description of your proposed project, describing your goals and how the project would benefit:
- the U-M Library — especially related to our special collections and archives, rare maps and atlases, or other unique items in our collections;
- conservation practice, including examination, condition evaluation, or treatment; or
- the wider field of conservation.
Examples of fellowship projects
Your proposed project might include:
- an investigation into the nature or technology of a particular material, medium, or type of artifact;
- an investigation into the treatment of a particular material, medium, or type of artifact or a particular type of treatment;
- interest in a general range of treatment techniques as a learning and sharing experience with our book and paper conservators.