The architecture collection includes materials from the early twentieth century to the present, with a particular emphasis from the 1960s to the present. Recent collection practices have broadened to focus on materials related to contemporary architecture in Central and South America, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
The collection addresses the needs of the university’s architecture faculty and students. Reflecting the development of the discipline, the collection focuses on:
- Investigations of design
- Materials and material systems
- Construction process and practice
- Fabrication practices, technologies, and materials
- Individual architects
- Building technology, structures, sustainability, environment, and conservation
- Photography for architects
The architecture collection is supported by the Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library Special Collection, which includes treatises of the 18th and 19th centuries and has strengths in modernism of western Europe and the Soviet Union.