We welcome all people to our archive, from experienced gamers to researchers and newcomers. Visit us to support your research work, or play for fun.
- Play games by reserving time at one of our game stations.
- Explore available games and gaming systems.
- Take a tour of the archive by contacting us at email@example.com at least one week in advance.
- See how to request a class visit or student event.
What to bring
An Mcard or valid photo ID is required to play a game.
Please review our policies to learn more about our requirements for playing games, handling equipment, special policies regarding minors, and other aspects of using the archive.
Reserve a gaming station in advance
To visit the archive, reserve a game station that lists the game system(s) you’re interested in playing. We’ll give priority to those who need the archive for academic or research purposes, and reservations may need to be cancelled or rescheduled in favor of class sessions happening in the archive.
To reserve a gaming station:
- U-M students, staff and faculty members may reserve game stations online.
- Please include the game systems and games you would like to access in the "Equipment Needed" field when making your reservation.
How much time will I get?
Please see the description on our reservation page for specific details related to reservation limits.
Can I extend my reservation if I’m conducting research?
If you have priority research status, you can extend your reservation beyond our standard limit.
To get this status, please fill out our research form.
Priority status must be renewed each semester.