Last updated: October 6, 2021
Make a request
Use Get This in Library Catalog Search to request items. Current U-M students, faculty, and staff may place requests.
You will only see the Contactless pickup at the library option if an item is eligible for the service. Options to scan a small portion or request a digital copy are also offered when possible.
Microform requests must be made separately and can be used onsite in the Hatcher Library.
Pickup location options
You'll be asked to select a pickup locations when placing your request.
The Hatcher Library is not a contactless pickup location.
Central and Medical Campuses
- Shapiro Library, on shelves in the windowed atrium of the lobby
- Fine Arts Library, inside Tappan Hall, next to the information desk on the second floor
- Taubman Health Sciences Library, on a cart next to the information desk
- Donald Hall Collection, on a cart next to the service desk
- Music Library, inside the Moore Building, on carts at the third floor entrance
- Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library, inside the Duderstadt Center, next to the information desk on the second floor
- Museums Library, inside the library's office, next to the service desk
Beyond Ann Arbor
Pick up your request
You can expect items within 7 days, though it may take longer during university holidays and intersessions.
We'll notify you via email (or text message if you've opted in) when your item is ready for pickup. Requests are held for 14 days.
Go to the pickup location you designated when making your request. You do not need to check-in with anyone when you arrive. See when we're open.