Food and Refreshments
Food may be served in the gallery within these limits:
- Arrangements must be made in advance to coordinate food service through a U-M preferred vendor. You are responsible for meeting vendors onsite at an agreed upon time before the event.
- Cooking is not allowed in the library, nor in the loading dock outside the library.
- Sterno may be used with chafing dishes, but must be carefully attended to minimize risk of fire.
- Candles are not permitted.
- Food prepared at home by event hosts or participants is not permitted due to food safety reasons.
At the end of your event, you must remove leftover food and supplies and clean up the area.
Alcohol is not permitted in the gallery, which is open to the public with students under the age of 21 in the building. We follow university policies regarding the serving of alcohol.